Autodesk 3ds Max
Posted by Craig Barr, 19 May 2010 5:51 pm
Autodesk Mudbox 2011 Service Pack 1 addresses stability issues and includes fixes across several functional areas including Posing and FBX file operations.
Mudbox 2011 Service Pack 1 fixes the following issues:
* Deleting skeletons in the Object List is now possible. (Right-click and select Delete Object.)
* Adding objects to an imported skeleton by painting weights is now possible
* Weights not propagating properly on subdivision
* Shadows and ambient occlusion display not updating when posing
* Various interaction issues when selecting and posing joints
* Imported n-sided or triangle meshes with bones cannot be posed when subdivided
* Instances cause import error
* Textures display incorrectly in imported FBX files with different paint layer sizes
* Camera FOV and camera names from 3ds Max not importing correctly
* Crash on Mac OS X when importing malformed skeletons from 3ds Max
* Dry brush with stencil on not working correctly
* Painting using stencil crashes if stencil is 24bit/pixel .tga
* Stencil image should display full color only when the Projection brush is active, black and white when other tools are selected.
Edge Bleed fixes
* If a normal map is extracted using the Subdivision method, the resulting map does not have edge bleed
* Edge Bleed option in Preferences > Paint not working for ambient occlusion maps
User interface fixes
* 3ds Max hotkey settings are incorrect
* Brush resize down/up hotkeys not working on values larger than 100
* Shift hotkey not working for temporary weight painting smooth
* Flatten to UV space using mesh with no UVs causes crash
* Error using Eyedropper to pick color on mesh with no UVs. Mudbox now creates UVs automatically.
* Incorrect GPU RAM detection causing many warnings to pop up. See Environment variables for updated information.
* Depending on the shadow Depth Map Resolution and the size of the movie, shadows do not render correctly in turntable movies
Please only report comments that are spam or abusive.