X-Rite published a 3ds Max map plugin for its ColorMunki spectophotometer.
Here's the brochure announcing the feat.
The ColorMunki, available to you at ~500$, is a little marvel enabling its users with the ability to:
- calibrate display (screen and projector). It periodically propose to recalibrate the display, no more color drifting!
- calibrate printer
- scan ambient luminescence
- scan reflectance values (colors) into CXF colorbooks
About the plugin
- The 3ds Max plugin allow the Max user to associate color from a CXF colorbook with a map channel.
- Colors are kept in the colorbook. changing color choices in the maps do not lose the captured (and valuable) color information.
- Change in the colorbook are accounted for (think of this as XRefing the book).
- Goes in the direction of the slate editor philosophy.
- Supports both MR and IRay
This brings the Max user one step further in our quest for color management!
w00t - merry X-Mas!
I can't wait to give it a thorough test drive.