Product Update 06 is available, these are the links to the pages with the downloads (separate ones for 32 and for 64bit):
nVidia cards with Kepler chipsets are now supported by the iray renderer!
Furthermore there are a considerable number of fixes in this update, this is the list (you can also check the readme files: 3ds Max 2013 PU06 / 3ds Max Design PU06.
- A program error when copying keys on an Attachment position controller on the trackbar has been fixed.
- CAT updates for matching IK to FK were added.
- A program error when deleting keys in the time track, after adding an On/Off controller for Visibility, has been fixed.
- Maxscript netrender .getservers filter:group now works correctly when using a name instead of an index.
- Maxscript netrender .getGroupName no longer returns an empty string.
- Submitting jobs via MAXScript now works correctly.
Customer Error Reports (CER) have been fixed related to:
- A program error that occurred when unlinking a graph node in Schematic view.
- The internal referencing system.
- Problems that occurred during object creation.
- The core.
- Exiting the software.
- Finding object edges.
- Loading files with missing background maps.
- Tessellating objects.
- An internal fix to UVW Unwrap, related to straightening.
- Viewport update while getting the view.
- Getting the Nitrous Framebuffer update.
- Nitrous when updating and removing objects.
- Errors with the effect element.
- Errors when exiting the software.
- Updating the viewport.
- Accessing Face Normals.
- The Light Node Notifier.
- Setting Vault workspaces.
- Calling the Hold / Restore function.
- Copying normal.
- Nitrous with respect to the Geometry buffer.
- Opening files and setting the Nitrous vertex buffer.
- UVW Unwrap in Stitch.
- Setting the viewport background.
- The Welcome screen pop-up.
- Material handling when rendering with V-Ray.
- Material Parameters.
- Program errors when rendering.
- JT files now import correctly.
- Truncated files no longer cause a program error.
- Vertex selections now load properly from previous versions.
- Files load properly with multiple closed containers.
- A corruption when using Dummy objects with Wired Parameters and Save To Previous was fixed.
- When using the “Reset Scene” checkbox in OBJ import the software will first prompt to save your current scene.
- Flightstudio (FLT) exports no longer truncate node names when exporting.
- The SAT import option, Select Additional SAT Files for Import, no longer causes a program error.
- A program error with Autodesk Materials in linked FBX files is fixed.
- 3DS export now exports colors and textures correctly.
- A script error loading multiple instances of the software has been fixed.
- Updates were made to handling errors in Undo / Redo.
- Updates were made to software memory management.
- Opening the Keyboard Customization dialog could cause a program error. It has been fixed
- When the Layers toolbar is in the main menu, hiding layers no longer causes hiding of the main toolbar.
- When system paths are added in Third- Party Plugins, they are now saved correctly.
- When rendering scenes with missing textures in quiet mode, correct results are now achieved.
- Using a DotNet method on a deleted DotNet control, no longer causes a program error.
Nitrous - performance improvements were made for:
- Dragging the time slider in isolate mode.
- Loading certain scenes.
- mental ray® standalone now renders correctly with Distributed Bucket Rendering (DBR).
- A&D car paint material now renders correctly when also using Global Illumination (GI).
- The NVIDIA® iray® renderer now supports the NVIDIA® Kepler chipset.
- Material libraries no longer cause a prompt to save, when you have not made changes.
- The scaling tool was updated.
- Creating or deleting a tabbed view, now prompts you to save if you open another scene, reset the scene, or exit the software.