UPDATE: Based on your feedback we have taken down SP4 to investigate the environment map issue.
Please install Service Pack 5 instead.
Issues that have been fixed in this service pack:
- MAXX-15867 Layers were not trackable after saveing and now work correctly.
- MAXX-15645 Customer Information Program (CIP) was not sending in data properly and has now been fixed.
- MAXX-15649 (3ds Max Design 2014) Sub-object trajectories break / freeze after using the Time Configuration pop-up menu.
- MAXX-15470 Inventor Model Import into 3dsMax - Smooth surfaces no longer become faceted.
- MAXX-15303 Backburner now renders if you input a long number list in Render Setup/Frames.
- MAXX-15295 The anomalies with the Nitrous display with NVIDIA® Quadro® 2800 (Shift + Move spline) have been resolved.
- MAXX-15089 3ds Max export to FBX is no longer missing custom properties on curve controls.
- MAXX-14765 The Performance issues with larger meshes and the projection modifier have been resolved.
- MAXX-14732 In 3ds Max, the Microsoft DirectX® 11 Shader now reacts as expected, like the Microsoft DirectX 9 Shader does.
- MAXX-14662 The regression introduced in 3ds Max 2014 SP3 which prevented the Environment Map from updating with the Bitmap Offset has been resolved.
- MAXX-14620 You can now remove Xref Objects when using Populate.
- MAXX-14598 The URL for the evolver data has been fixed.
- MAXX-14281 Show Shaded Material in Viewport now works correctly in Nitrous 2D.
- MAXX-14211 The issue causing a program error at startup with menus (discovered through CERs), has been resolved.
- MAXX-14139 SDK: DirectX Shader material UIWidget Spinner no longer results in a Color swatch.
- MAXX-13922 Missing plug-in information now appears in the backburner log file for all languages.
- MAXX-13647 Now after your first selection in mirror, you can still change to another axis and the geometry will also change as expected.
- MAXX-13196 Backburner: Error messages during a failing job are now properly displayed.
- MAXX-13144 Scripted custom attribute definitions with resource strings now save their source correctly.
- MAXX-12541 You can now use MassFX buoyancy and shape instance operator without issue.
- MAXX-12424 The issue reported by CERs (Customer Error Reports) related to Nitrous vertex buffers has been resolved.
- MAXX-11841 Backburner now works properly when you have both 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design installed on the same computer.
- MAXX-11176 The lag when switching between workspaces has been improved.
- MAXX-6865 You can now successfully specify a node twice as a progressive target.