Bonus Tools 2014 is a free collection of useful Maya scripts and plug-ins. After installing Bonus Tools, an additional pull-down menu will be added to the end of the main Maya menu. This new menu provides easy access to a variety of tools and utilities for daily use. Maya Bonus Tools has been organized to mimic the layout of the standard Maya menu sets. Each sub-menu contains a number of related tools. Each of these can be torn off and floated just like standard Maya menus.
Bonus Tools are provided to you on an "AS-IS" basis; Autodesk® does not provide any direct support in connection with this collection. However submission of problems and suggestions are encouraged and can be logged through from the Maya Help menu with Report a Problem or Suggest a Feature.
Additional information including demos and tutorials can be found on the Bonus Tools resource page
What’s New in BonusTools 2014?
- Modify -> Move Selected to Camera
- Display -> Toggle X-Ray per Mesh/Surface
- Window -> Assembly Manager
- Window -> Script Editor -> Print OptionVars
- Window -> Script Editor -> Print GlobalVars
- Modeling -> Collapse Edge Ring Tool
- Modeling -> Delete Edge Loop Tool
- Modeling -> Delete Connected Edges Tool
- Modeling -> Convert Selection to Perimeter Edges
- UV Editing -> Nudge UVs
- UV Editing -> Tile UVs
- Rendering -> Add Transparency Attribute
- Help -> Refresh BonusTools Menu
What’s been fixed or updated in BonusTools 2014?
- Modeling -> Select Every N-th Edge Loop/Ring
- Modeling -> DrawSplit
- Modeling -> DrawReduce
- Modeling -> Spin Edge Tool
- Animation -> Setup Arm
- Rendering -> Assign Checker Shader
- General -> Python path is now setup automatically for every OS
Autodesk Maya 2014 Extension Release Downloads