1) There’s a forum for Max 2009, this one (Max though 2008) is for previous versions. Pleas try and post in the most appropriate forum.
2) Max is optimised for DirectX - why are you using OGL? You should get better performance / less issues using DX. In this case though OGL is perfectly capable of showing bitmaps in the viewports - I just tried it and it’s fine.
Did you turn on “Show map in viewport”?
Max 4.2 through 2014, Composite 2014.
nVidia 9800GTX+ (512MB) (Driver 314.22).
i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX9.0c.
- thanks for quick reply… sorry for wrong post… i didnt see max2009 title while posting…
- i know max is optimized for dx but i get better performance and less issue with opengl until this problem :)
- absolutely, “show map in viewport” enabled…
- 64bit winxppro+sp2 / 3dsmax 2010 / opengl / several different texture formats (png, jpg, tga) (with same hardware) (nvidia driver version 185.85)
--- working properly… all textures looking good without any problem :(
- 32bit winxppro+sp3 / 3dsmax 2008, 2009, 2010 / opengl / several different texture formats (png, jpg, tga) (with same hardware) (nvidia driver version 190.62)
--- 2008 and 2009, opengl doesnt show textures :(
--- 2010 can show textures without any problem! :)
(and max’s opengl settings same with yours)
i suppose a tiny little opengl parameter (at nvidia control panel) can cause this error… but hard to find it