I exported the cube into a clean file yet it is 40mb. It turns out the mixer data is saved with the object no matter which way I try to import it into a clean file. This problem causes inflated file sizes, system instability, and the inability to close max without ending the process in the task manager.
After installing the connection extension the snaps are shuffled. The snap icons no longer correspond to their appropriate snap types. Grid and Snap Menu icons are shuffled too. Same for the quad menu entries.
When using Perez or CIE skylight models in a Mental Ray Daylight system on a Xeon 5520-based system, renders will produce random buckets of differing (darker) luminance within a frame. Turning off hyperThreading in the BIOS seems to alleviate the problem. Of course, that also alleviates the speed gains of HT…
(Also submitted as a defect report)
Max/Composite 2012 (subscription)
Win7-64pro, Intel i7-hex on SuperMicro mobo, 12 GB RAM
nVidia Quadro 5000, render farmette on BB2012
bug with the bump of ocean lume + 3dsmax2010design + backburner
I opened in my new 3dsmax 2010 design an old 3dsmax 2008 scene.(I’ve got the same pb with a new scene created in 3dsmax2010)
There is a plane (the sea) with an Arch&Design (Mi) material and in the bump slot an Ocean (lume) shader.
When I do a render of the animation with the backburner, the bump pattern (phase) is randomly calculated on each renderfarm. At the end the result is not acceptable because we have the bump “jumping” during all the animation.
I don’t have this problem when I do the same with 3dsmax 2008.
Vertex Color loss: vertices get black when selected and when Graphite toolbar is open
When working in Editable poly in vertex sub-object mode vertex color data is lost if you do CTRL+A or “Select All” from the menu to select all vertices. The vertices will be reset to black vertex colors.
This is the case when the Graphite toolbar is open or completely minimized, not if it is half minimized or closed.
For the fourth consecutive release of Max, this bug still remains.
I last worked properly in Max 8. It was broken in Max 9, 2008, 2009, and in Max 2010 it’s still not fixed.
I’m taking about the Collision Pairs in Reactor.
There are (should be) two methods for defining collision pairs in Reactor, that is enabling/disabling collisions between two rigid bodies in an RB collection. One does not waork at all, the other works sort of, but not as it should.
The first method is with the buttons, you select the pair of objects, then click the button, either Enable or Disable, but the buttons remain grayed-out at all times, so it cannot be used.
The other method is to press the button for Define Collision Pairs, to open the dialog box and define the pairs from there. When you open the box, it should list all the objects that belong to an RB Collection, insead it lists every object in the scene, not just those unhidden, not just those in RB or other Reactor collections, but every last little thing in the scene, so you have to scroll through them all in the little list in the box. When you eventually find the object, you must then find the other half of the pair in the second list, which again includes every object in the scene. Then repeat the process for every collision pair you need to add. Not a real big deal in a modest scene, but in a heavy scene with many objects it’s beyond tedious and a huge waste of time and concentration.
1. Start a new scene.
2. Create a number of primitives, at least 6.
3. Create an RB Collection.
4. Add half of the primitives to the RB collection.
5. Go to the Utillities Panel, choose Reactor, open the Collisions rollout.
6. Select two objects that belong to the RB Collection. Note the Selected Pair buttons are disabled.
7. Click Define Collision Pairs. Note the Entities list shows all the objects in the scene.
8. Select one of the RB objects in the list. Note the Enabled Collisions list shows that object paired with every object in the scene.