we have updated to 3ds max 2012, which so far looks impressive. However, we are having major problems with sending a render to our render machine via backburner. Previously, we have installed the software and rendered via backburner with no problem. Not sure what the problem is, I have tried various methods to render via backburner without any luck, any help appreciated.
The first problem seems to be with server. When setting the general settings using the defaults,(which we usually do) with Manager Name or IP address set to localhost, server cannot find the manager and we get the following error message: -
ERR: Error receiving information: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (0x2747).
When I set the Manager Name or IP address to Automatic search it finds the manager, however it lists errors about obsolete plugins (see Backburner_01.jpg)
When we send a render thru, we get the messages as shown in image Backburner_02.jpg.
The best way is to enter the manager name or IP address in the Manager Name or IP Address setting.
Localhost will only work if that machine is the manger, the exact IP address is more reliable than auto-search.
You can use BB 2008, you need to uninstall BB 2012, then install BB 2008. Max 2012 doesn’t give the option to not install BB 2012.
In fact I have my manager and nodes running BB 2008, because there is someone else here using an old max version that 2012 does not support. Only my workstation has BB 2012, but it all works.
I may actually revert my workstation to BB 2008 also, I though it worked better. I won’t get those errors and sometimes monitor doesn’t update properly.
Hey, I’ve tried to uninstall bb2012 and install 2008.1
however once I did I could not open up the manager. It gives an error saying “The procedure entry point ?LanCodePage@nrSPathImp@@UAE?BHXZ could not be located int eh dynamic link library libDLnrapi30.dll”
So now I cant even bring up the manager at all. Any idea’s?
OK. We removed Backburner 2012 and reinstalled Backburner 2008.1 from max2011. The servers are seeing each perfectly now, without changing any settings. However, when I send a render across I get an unknown error message on the server when it tries to launch max2012.
update: It appears the render server was missing the d3dx9_43.dll, which prevented max2012 from launching, a quick install of dxwebsetup solved the problem. Everything working perfectly now. Thanks to everyone who helped.
“The procedure entry point ?LanCodePage@nrSPathImp@@UAE?BHXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library libDLnrapi30.dll”
I received the same error which appears to be caused by installing BB2012 then rolling back to a previous version. Specifically the BB2012 install that is found on the Max2012 disk as libDLnrapi30.dll only resides in the “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 20XX” folders
I would recommend backing up before attempting the following.
I was able to get manager running by:
Removing the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner” folder
Removing the “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\backburner” folder
Remove all references to ‘backburner’ from the registry
Reinstall your preferred version of BB
I installed BB2008.1.3 from the Maya 2010 disk successfully.