I just bought a new rendermachine. Had looooots of problem with BB on my old rendermachine and I thought maybe a new computer would work. Installed 3dsmax 2012 64 Design, installed SP2, uninstall BB2012.0.... But NOOO, Error 1722! So here we go again, wasted money, wasted time, unhappy clients, extremely unhappy user!
Can´t someone at Autodesk please release somekind of uninstaller for BB2012.0???
I also posted this in the Rendering Forum, but thought a re-post was worth it in this case as obviously a lot of users are having big problems with BB.
A few possible solutions! (for me at least).
I have been struggling with some of the same Backburner problems as others here and I won’t go through all my steps but Autodesk tech support provided some clues (and assured me a new hotfix is on it’s way soon, the problem is top priority). The main problem I have been dealing with is this particular error:
3dsmax adapter error : The pipe has been ended. : 109
First: Most of the problems are with the Subscription Advantage Pack (nice huh?) and in particular in combination with Windows 7. I had a Win Vista 64bit workstation running with the Advantage Pack and never had any issues. It wasn’t until I got a new workstation that I got the issues. So I had to roll everything back, uninstall Max, scrub the registry and delete all folders I could find, the re-install up to SP2. After that I was good to go with BB2012.
The rest of the render machines never have any problems, but it’s likely that it’s because I have updates turned off and nothing else running on them but BB with Max.Still, tech support suggested I take off the Advantage Pack on those machines too, which I did. (I have six render machines BTW)
Second: There was something else I discovered on my own in this process. Saved CUIs (customer user interfaces) also can break BackBurner. I certainly don’t know why, nor did tech support, but it was a repeatable bug for me. I loaded in my previous CUI scheme I had saved from my old PC and immediately BB would stop working on my machine. Delete CUI and load in Default CUI; everything is good again. So far I have been manually reproducing my old CUIs (with the exception of my keyboard CUI which seems OK). So- for those that are still stuck, or get stuck out of no-where: look into it; it might save you a lot of time and stress.
Hope these lessons help someone because this has been a very long and unpleasant week dealing with this.
New England independent 3D animator specializing in technical, mechanical and medical animation.
System: Dual Intel Xeons E5645 2.4GHz (24 cores), 24GB RAM, Quadro 4000, Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
3DS Max user since r2,…
I have been having the same problem with the mysterious “The Pipe has ended. : 109 3ds max adapter error.”
Just thought I’d add a note to the Saved CUIs error. After much much testing and hair pulling and swearing I somehow managed to isolate the problem to the Graphite Modelling Ribbon.
Ribbon on = 109 error
Ribbon off = no error, renders fine
I should also point out that the problem is still there with backburner 2013.