QUAD Xeon E5420 2.50Ghz Processors
8GB FBDIMM DDR2 800 REG ECC
80GB 7200rpm Module System Drive
Operating System: Windows XP Pro x64
3D App: Maya2008
Maya seems to drive 2 cores to 100%, while keep the other cores not being used.
Just wanted to know whether there is any preference settings in Maya 2008, where I can drive all the cores. OR ELSE
1) Have to re-install Maya 2008
2) System hardware is not compatible
1) When we render a scene from within Maya app, it uses all the cores (use all the CPU is checked in preference)
2) When we render using command line only 50% of the CPU on a system are used by default
3) In order to use all the CPU via command line rendering -mem 0 -rt 4 ( Quad Core/ 8 for 8 cores), then it uses up all the cores.