OK, I’m at the stage where I’m trying to build a dragon. (Yeah, I know… Everyone wants to build a dragon… At least mine is a white frost-breather)
Unfortunately, I am working from a set of instructions for rigging a humanoid, so I’ve had to guess and improvise.
Further, the instructions I have are a step-by-step, without translating Maya into English, or explaining the reasons/logic. In a few cases, this has caused some extra work, as controls have moved joints that were further up the skeleton.
I have most of it done. I think.
What I’m having problems with is getting the Wrist CC to move Wrist joint. (should be easy, but...) And for some reason, there is an ! note on the shoulder, but I do not know why.
Okay I opened your file and this is just going by how the file opened.
First thing I did was move the cc_L_hand01 curve and it seems to transform the joint correctly. Your issue it appears is that you constrained the IK handles rotations but not its translations. Try point constraining or parenting the IK handle to the cc_L_hand01 curve.
OK, here’s my current problem.
I’ve had to redo the rig controls so many times now…
For some reason, my CCs, even after I have deleted history and frozen transformation, at some point, keep getting non-0 values to them after I constrain them to joints. Which means that all the work with the connection editor and set key frames is constantly having to be redone. I’ve rebuilt the hand and foot controls 8 times today. Very frustrating. No logical reason.
So this time, instead of the non-0 values, whenever I turn the hand CCs and reset them to 0, the hand joint goes screwy. By which I mean that the hand, supposedly constrained to the hand CC, even when the handCC is set to 0,0,0, the actual joint has other number associated with it.
So, at this point I don’t even know were to look to find the cause of the problem. I am tired of redoing work (by definition a waste of time), without promise of a better result.