1) Problem with random status which freezes MB - “Deleting - Please wait...” - Fixed!!!
2) Added new tool - Temporary Pivot Shift - great stuff!
3) Smaller Character Control panel - very good, but it looks graphically worse than 2012…
4) New feature in Actor - IK Actor Control - very nice.
5) There is secret option to detach viewer window (it was in 2012, but now it doesn’t fall when you change detached window position)
What is bad:
1) HIK to CAT is useless because of ToeBase bone which is not transfered to CAT.
2) New feature in Actor - Find size - didn’t do anything…
3) New random crash on importing WAV file - I guess it is because of new Sound features…
4) Very annoying that sometimes X-Ray mode in Viewer Window stops working - only restart fix that problem.
5) HIK 2013 better than HIK 4.5 but still MB Character Solver is the best choice!
So here it is a couple of months later...What’s the verdict? Should I go ahead and install and use 2013 or are there too many hiccups? I’d *really* love to get back the ability to order the takes like I have in the past, but I read things like “won’t import bvh files” and comment such as that and I hesitate. Any one else upgraded and liked it? Not being snarky, just don’t want to break things in ongoing projects.
The takes can finally be reordered, a much needed fix.
One problem I’ve encountered is that the In Place character modifier (to do game cycles on the spot) doesn’t seem to work.
The Pinning icons are confusing (no T R anymore, just pins pointing Left and Right), not too bothered about that since I keep using the W E shortcuts for that, still why change a perfectly good UI convention.
No Control Rig checkbox anymore to turn it off, now you have to pull down the source menu and select “None”. That’s one more Step that slows things down.
Character Tools > Save Character Animation > Save file per take: is completely broken, will save only the first of the selected takes in the save dialog. So the only way to batch save takes as files is to go through the file menu and do a Save As… > Save file per take