Interested in making Indie games?

Register for a Meet the Experts webinar with Digital-Tutors today!
  • 1/3
You are here: Homepage /  inHouse /  Customer Stories / David Cumbo - Comments
David Cumbo

David Cumbo

With 3ds Max as his modeling and animation application, this talented young animator looks toward a promising future.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007
Published by: the area
Users comments (19)
Posted by HarryBenjamin on May 27, 2013 at 09:33 PM
I'm going to learn to use all 3d Packages.
Posted by coparker on Feb 20, 2011 at 07:47 PM
Reminds me of that dancing baby.
Posted by timmyg101 on Nov 02, 2010 at 08:48 PM
Hi David, Good work and thank you for all your help back in the day at AIP. Gotta hit me up some time via email -Timmyg
Posted by yuanchaoli on May 06, 2010 at 11:28 AM
Finally,I find a chinese user,haha~
Posted by 流星蝴蝶剑 on Nov 18, 2009 at 08:45 PM
做得好!
Posted by abc123pro on Sep 07, 2009 at 09:47 AM
you can see the movie here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=T63q1UbOCWY
Posted by abc123pro on Sep 07, 2009 at 09:41 AM
I can't wait to see your film! I'm using Maya 2010 and I hope one day to create my own animation.
Posted by VinnyLT on Aug 20, 2009 at 02:42 PM
David, I can't wait to see your film. The fact that you are a product of the Art Institute is really inspiring as i am the same. Props.
-VinnyLT
Posted by frankfortdata on May 05, 2009 at 12:20 PM
David, you did a nice job here men! Hey I'm new beginner and I'm crazy about animated movies now because i have many stories to animate but my first problem is to model my actors and actress. I love your work, so i would like to emulate your style. Please could you help me with step by step tutu screenshots? The easy way to model images, please i don't know how to draw hehe~~ I've been reading so many tutorials online, which my eyes could not see some letters hahaha, please i need your assistance.
Thx
Frankfort
Posted by polyninetynine on Oct 29, 2008 at 01:52 AM
Great work keep at it,

Keep to the Art and design, dont worry about the mechanics, it is the "creative side" that many 3D Animators lack. They are far to mechanical.... Well done
Posted by AppLeonardo on Aug 20, 2008 at 01:00 PM
So moving!
Posted by hummin9bird on Aug 07, 2008 at 02:34 PM
it's not about only learning 3d apps indeed, but it's about being an artist you need to study human anatomy learning how to draw human action poses and how to draw them, perspectives, how to shade and cast light,..

then you kinda have to be an expert in one field background designer or character designer and wich type really ?? sci fi, fantasy, comics, etc.. you won't be able to find a know it all artist.. i try to combine both sci fi and fantasy you can find so much of that reflected in starwars, you need to be able to draw models with pencil and on paper first..

even construct a real model 'maquette' with polymer clay so learn how to sculpt too..

3d apps like maya 3d max zbrush blender bryce cinema 4d are just tools anyone can learn but theyll only be like thousands out there, but it's a question of what you can do with them..??
Posted by papadicky on Aug 05, 2008 at 03:01 PM
thats nice. hello am wondering who will invest in Ghana, by establishing a school for 3d modelind . i think he or she will never regret. am DICKSON. e-mail: kaads2003@yahoo.co.uk. mail me and let dream along the same line. i learnt max on my own. am still learning.
Posted by sathishanand on Jul 17, 2008 at 08:46 AM
if you could do amazing stuff with Max7, then you should be able to blow everyone off with new version of max (2009) which holds loads of new features... Nice work..
Posted by hummin9bird on May 05, 2008 at 07:25 AM
i would rather stick to maya thanx..
Comments
My Comment:
Notify me of follow-up comments?