Exploring the power of Non-Linear Character Setup with Autodesk Softimage
Audience: This master class is geared towards mid level artists looking to better understand the character setup process.
Objective: To build a functional rig and envelope for a human and export it using point cache to a scene in Softimage.
Goal: To build a functional rig and envelope for a medium level human character, while maintaining a relationship with a point cached scene in Softimage, used for lighting and rendering.
1) Base mesh cleanup and prep for cache export. Read the cache onto geometry in Softimage. Time 10 minutes
2) Base skeleton assembly, naming convention, organization. Time 20 Minutes
3) Layered deformer and control systems. Time 20 Minutes
4) Envelope painting and cleanup. Time 20 Minutes
5) Constraint layers and final cleanup. The power of model space. Time 15 Minutes.