Experience a new nonlinear editing paradigm for Virtual Production with real-time 3D character animation software.
FIFA Street, Courtesy of EASPORTS 2012
Autodesk® MotionBuilder® 2013 animation software helps production teams more reliably acquire, aggregate, and refine data, and offers a new nonlinear editing paradigm for Virtual Production.
New features in MotionBuilder 2013:
- Live Data Recording to Disk in Story: Record motion capture or certain other live input data directly to disk, rather than to memory; a representation of the data is added to the Story timeline, where it can be loaded for editing when required.
- Heads-Up Display: Take advantage of a flexible new heads-up display (HUD) feature set to render real-time metadata into the viewer. Choose from a number of presets, or add a property reference or relationship constraint from within the scene simply by dragging and dropping it.
- Floating Viewer: View important scene information in an appropriate context, thanks to a new Floating Viewer. This enables one camera view to be displayed on a separate monitor from the main viewports.
- Broadcast WAVE File Support: Interpret timecode data more accurately with new support for professional broadcast audio WAVE files; as a result, video and audio files can be more easily synchronized.
- Story Clip Grouping: Simultaneously edit the timing of multiple clips, thanks to a new Summary Clip option in the Story timeline. Translate, scale, or cut all of the clips in a folder of tracks in a single action.
- Video Out: Output an SDI broadcast video signal which is useful in situations where a genlock reference signal is required.
- Z-Depth Selection: Toggle a mode that enables you to select through semi-transparent objects; change the transparency threshold through which selection is possible; cycle through objects based on their z-buffer depth; and more easily see what’s selected by hiding objects in front, hiding all unselected objects, or overriding the color of the selected object.
- Audio Retiming: Retime audio clips in the Story timeline and match audio timing with the timing of the animation.
- Performance Enhancements: Increase overall productivity with targeted performance enhancements to keep creativity flowing. In particular, scene load time, merging assets from multiple scenes, and selecting objects in a scene with many nodes are now significantly faster.
Learn more at www.autodesk.com/motionbuilder