3ds MaxÂ® 2013
Unleash your creativity with this production-proven package for 3D animation, modeling, visual effects, motion graphics, and rendering.
Image courtesy of Johann MoisÃ©s
Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2013 animation software delivers new rendering, motion graphics, 3D animation, and simulation tools empowering artists to focus more on creative, rather than technical challenges.
New features in 3ds Max 2013:
Data Transfer & Pipeline Integration
- Adobe After Effects Interoperability: Iterate more effectively and reduce rework to complete projects in less time with the new Media Sync functionality which provides a level of interoperability that sets a higher standard for 2D/3D data exchange.
- Enhanced Interoperability with Adobe Photoshop: Enjoy greater flexibility when finishing renderings in Adobe® Photoshop® software, with the new ability to output renderings in a layered PSD format that retains layer order, opacity, and blend modes.
- Render Pass System: Segment scenes more easily for downstream compositing. A state recorder enables you to capture, edit, and save the current state, while a visual interface shows how compositing and render elements are wired together to create the final result. You can more quickly set up and execute multiple render passes from a single file; individual passes can be modified without the need to re-render the whole scene.
- Slate Compositing Editor: More easily wire together rendered layers and passes and combine them with compositing nodes; the resulting composite can then be sent to Adobe® After Effects® software or Adobe Photoshop for further refinement.
UI & Workflow
- Focus on Workflow: Enjoy a number of improvements in 3ds Max 2013: the ability to manipulate the camera when cutting polygons and during the creation process, enhancements to the skin modifier, and a modeless array dialog.
- Tabbed Layouts: Create and switch between a number of viewport layout configurations, giving you efficient access to the views required for a particular task.
- Customizable Workspaces: Adapt 3ds Max 2013 to your personal way of working by selecting from a choice of default or custom workspaces.
- MassFX Enhancements: Benefit from a new mCloth module that features tearable fabric and support for dynamic ragdoll hierarchies. In addition, improved constraints, better handling of pivot points, and enhanced UI readability help improve overall workflow.
- Track View Retiming: Retime portions of animations to increase or decrease their speed.
- Autodesk® HumanIK® Interoperability with CAT: Convert 3ds Max CAT (Character Animation Toolkit) bipedal characters into characters that are compatible with the Autodesk® HumanIK® solver used in Autodesk® Maya® 2013 software and Autodesk® MotionBuilder® 2013 software in a single step.
- ActiveShade Interactive iray Rendering: Iterate more effectively with ActiveShade which provides an interactive rendering session that constantly updates as changes are made to cameras, lighting, materials, and geometry.
Learn more at www.autodesk.com/3dsmax