Quickly share and review 3D assets and animations with team members or clients, without using a commercial 3D authoring tool.
What is FBX Review?
FBX Review is a lightweight, standalone software tool for viewing 3D assets and baked animations quickly and efficiently. A free utility, FBX Review lets users view 3D content without using a 3D authoring tool to help speed up asset sharing and review for development teams.
A high-fidelity viewport lets users perform detailed visual inspections of their assets. Users can toggle between shading modes, animations, cameras, and lighting options to better evaluate their 3D content. Touch UI on mobile devices makes reviewing assets on-the-go easier than ever.
New Features in v1.2
- Now on iOS and Mac OS X
- You can now use FBX Review on-the-go from your iPhone or iPad with iOS 7.0 or higher. You can also get FBX Review for Mac OS X.
- Better camera control
- Users can now re-focus the perspective camera on a selected part of the asset, which re-orients the regular camera controls. This helps make reviewing detailed assets much easier by focusing on just on part of the asset at a time.
- Support for ZIP Files
- FBX Review now makes asset review easier with support for ZIP files.
- Models and textures saved into ZIP files open correctly without needing to assign textures manually.
- Geometry Cache Support
- FBX Review now supports geometry cache playback, including Maya cache, 3ds Max cache, and the Alembic cache format.
- Geometry cache support is only available on desktop versions of FBX Review.
Quickly and Easily Review 3D Models
- Users can import and review a variety of 3D file formats without using full commercial 3D animation software: .fbx, .zip, .abcˆ, .3ds, .obj, .dxf, .dae, .bvh, .htr, .trc, .asf, .amc, .c3d, .aoa, .mcd.
- Switch between shading modes: wireframe, faceted, shaded, textured, and wireframe overlay.
- Toggle scene lights, shadows, and tessellation.
- A high-fidelity viewport supporting DirectX 11 helps users review assets and scenes with a wide range of visual effects.
Playback Animation Takes and Switch Cameras
- Examine animations and scenes using familiar and intuitive play, pause, and scrub-through controls.
- For files containing user-created cameras, FBX Review allows the user to toggle between them. If no cameras are saved, FBX Review provides default orthogonal and perspective cameras.
- If multiple animation takes are saved within a file, a simple drop down enables rapid switching between the takes.
Intuitive, Lightweight, and Mobile
- Designed to help artistic and creative directors review assets on-the-go, FBX Review was designed to run on Windows 8 touch-screen devices such as tablets.
- Touch-screen controls on Windows 8 makes reviewing assets a simple, familiar process.
- Use the Windows 8 charm bar to quickly send review notes and screenshots to team members.
**Certain viewing features only available on supported hardware.
ˆAlembic support only available on desktop versions of FBX Review.