Color management that works.
Productivity enhancements that matter.
Maya® 3D animation, modeling, simulation, rendering, and compositing software offers a comprehensive creative feature set on a highly extensible production platform.
Maya customers on Autodesk® Subscription have access to Extension 1 for Autodesk® Maya® 2015 software
This extension for Maya provides you with new tools and workflow enhancements, helping you get more done in less time. Some of the features you should be excited about include: an all-new Color Management system, new performance profiler tool, and a series of modeling and workflow productivity enhancements.
A completely new color management system that helps you preserve your creative intent throughout lighting and rendering workflows with more accurate color reproduction within Maya windows and editors, as well as frames rendered through the NVIDIA® mental ray® renderer.
- A simple linear workflow is available out of the box, and you can customize it to match your color pipeline
- Includes support for EXR floating-point data and for the Autodesk® Color Management component (SynColor), the OpenColorIO open source project, and the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES), which enables consistent color-safe handling of imagery across The Foundry's NUKE® software, Adobe® Photoshop® software, Autodesk® Flame® family of products, and other applications to help ensure color compatibility throughout the studio pipeline.
- Third parties can take advantage of the SDK to implement support for the Maya Color Management system in other renderers and applications that work with Maya.
The new Performance Profiler helps technical directors gauge, measure, and debug the performance of individual nodes, character rigs, and Maya scenes.
- Take advantage of a graphical interface that enables performance measurement and graphing for dirty propagation, evaluation, deformations, rendering, Qt events, XGen instancing, and Bifrost simulations.
- A robust API gives you the option to extend the Performance Profiler for use with custom tools and plug-ins.
We made a number of general workflow enhancements that you identified as high priority, in an effort to make your everyday tasks more efficient and save you time.
- Expanded wireframe color choices
- Object visibility toggling
- Color coding in the channel box to reflect various key states
- Performance improvements and multi-UV tiling support for OpenSubdiv
- Enhancements to the Multi-Cut tool
- Further integration of the Modeling Toolkit
- New custom pivot workflows