Mudbox provides 3D artists with an intuitive and tactile toolset for creating and modifying high-quality 3D geometry and textures.
Image by Atomic Fiction
Autodesk® Mudbox® 2013 software helps artists working on visual effects, game design, and certain other 3D animation projects create complex production-ready scenes with greater ease.
New features in Mudbox 2013:
- Extreme Detail with the new Gigatexel engine: Handle exponentially more pixels with the Gigatexel engine which works automatically and transparently.
- Multipurpose Curves: Draw curves in screen space or in 3D space, and use them in a variety of ways to augment the painting and sculpting toolsets.
- Customizable Workspace: Configure the user interface to better accommodate individual workflows and preferences, with the new ability to customize the workspace and save and share custom workspaces.
- Support for Edge Hardness, Creasing, and Smoothing Groups: Import and work with models created in Autodesk® Maya® 2013 software, Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2013 software, Autodesk® Softimage® 2013 software, and certain other content creation solutions that contain special data controlling the hardness, creasing, and smoothing of particular edges.
- Combine Bump and Normal Map Detail: Combine painted bump map detail with extracted normal map detail to produce a single normal map—even in tangent space. You can now create relief detail both by sculpting and painting, and combine the results into a single map suitable for use in games engines.
- Sculpt and Paint Tiling Detail: Paint and sculpt tiled detail to create seamlessly repeating textures and maps that can be used to more efficiently cover large surface areas.
- Enhanced Photoshop Interoperability: Take advantage of a more fully integrated workflow with Adobe Photoshop software, with new support for importing and exporting 16-bit PSD files.
- Duplicate and Flip Models: Duplicate objects, and optionally flip them to create mirrored versions, helping save time when objects are repeated on a model.
- Presets for Adjust Color: Manipulate or correct the colors of a paint layer with new presets for Adjust Color; these enable you to invert layers, apply inverse gamma correction to photographic sources, and extract luminance values from an image.
Learn more at www.autodesk.com/mudbox