Autodesk® Smoke® professional video editing and effects software is designed for editors who need to do more than just edit. By integrating a familiar timeline workflow and node-based compositing, Smoke connects editing and effects like never before. Smoke video editing software for Mac® includes finishing tools for 3D compositing, color correction, and motion graphics. This all-in-one workflow eliminates the need for round-tripping between multiple creative applications and provides a fast and iterative creative environment for storytelling.
Key Features in Smoke 2013 Extension 1:
These features are exclusively available to Autodesk Subscription customers as part of Autodesk Smoke 2013 Extension 1.
- New Support for BlackMagic Design® Cards and Devices:
- Take advantage of more flexible hardware configurations with the addition of support for BlackMagic DeckLink, UltraStudio, and Intensity series video IO devices
- Improved Trimming:
- Tell your story faster with improved controls for editing and timeline navigation
- Make precise timing decisions quickly with a visual representation of trim operations using the new trim view
- New Support for Sony® RAW:
- Gain new support for Sony RAW footage from Sony F5 and F55 cameras
- Enhanced Conform Workflow with Apple® Final Cut Pro® X:
- Enjoy more accurate translation of speed changes and the ability to conform ARRI Alexa ProRes files
- Improved Feedback Mechanisms:
- More easily track background processes, monitor renders, and identify errors
- Improved Performance and Stability:
- Work faster with audio Gain animation curves directly on timeline clips
- Navigate large media folders faster with improved performance in the Media Hub browser
- Experience improved 3D compositing performance in Action when working with 3D objects, shaders, and textures
Key Features in Smoke 2013:
- Editing and Effects. Connected Like Never Before:
- Familiar track-based video editing environment combined with essential tools for color correction, motion graphics, and visual effects
- New timeline workflow designed for video editors
- Conform timelines from Apple® Final Cut Pro® and Avid® Media Composer® video editing software
- ConnectFX: Node-Based Compositing Without Leaving Your Timeline:
- Move quickly from your timeline to a full node-based compositing workflow. Tell your story and work fast with essential video editing and effects tools where you need them.
- Easily experiment and make changes to complex effects. Results are automatically fed back into your edit.
- Eliminate the need for plug-ins, workarounds, or managing metadata from multiple applications.
- Powerful 3D Visual Effects:
- Go beyond 2D layer-based compositing with the Action compositing environment.
- Use true 3D visual effects tools for 3D text, titles, animated motion graphics, 3D logos, and total control over lighting.
- Create stereoscopic 3D (S3D) effects with tools for conforming, editing, and compositing.