Autodesk® Softimage® 2013 animation software delivers powerful new creative toolsets, a new high-fidelity interactive environment, and extended customizability, helping artists and Technical Directors get more from the product.
New features in Softimage 2013:
Simulation & Effects
- CrowdFX: Create sophisticated crowd simulations in a dedicated environment within Softimage.
- Bullet Physics for ICE: Enjoy enhanced obstacle collision detection options for particle-based rigid body dynamics with Bullet physics in ICE.
- ICE Enhancements: Attach and run script code inside ICE Compound Property Pages. In addition, discover a number of enhancements within ICE that help increase artist productivity.
UI & Workflow
- High-Quality Viewport: Refine 3D animation content more efficiently with the new High Quality Viewport.
- 3ds Max Interaction Model: Get up to speed with Softimage faster, with the option to set familiar camera navigation, mouse manipulation, hotkeys, selection mode, and keyframing mode.
- Scene and Data Management Enhancements: Collaborate with multiple artists on a scene by communicating important information to each other through Annotation Objects, taking the form of easily identifiable speech bubbles.
Modeling & Animation
- Rigging and Animation Improvements: Enjoy improved overall productivity for everyday 3D animation workflows, with the help of many enhancements to the animation and rigging toolset.
- New Modeling Tools and Selection Tools: Increase your productivity for common and repetitive tasks, with the help of a wide range of new polygon modeling and selection tools and workflows.
- Sample Meshes and Scenes: Better deconstruct ICE modeling techniques, while new sample meshes—complete with UVs—provide quick starting points for modeling various characters and objects.
- SDK enhancements: Extend and customize Softimage, thanks to a number of additions to the SDK (Software Development Kit).
Learn more at www.autodesk.com/softimage