Our latest Chamfer Modifier updates in 3ds Max 2020 make it more efficient and predictable for modeling.
Watch as 3ds Max team member Martin Coven takes you through the details:
- The new Fixed Weight Chamfer keeps a consistent chamfer width.
- Weighted chamfer allow chamfer to be controlled on a per-edge basis with crease weights.
- New presets allow to save favorite or set default settings.
- Added Inset adds edge rings to chamfers for users who cannot use smoothing
- groups, such as models for game engines.
- End Point Bias: Edges that don’t end at a corner terminate on the next parallel edge can
bias between the near and far vertex.
Added Depth allows the profile of the chamfer to go from a depth of 1 (a sharp edge)
to 0 (a straight edge), to -0.5 (an inverted curve)
Bringing your ideas to life
Autodesk is committed to responding quickly to 3ds Max user feedback. That’s why this release includes many of which were submitted by the 3ds Max user community at 3dsmaxfeedback.autodesk.com.
Consult the 3ds Max 2020 Release Notes for further information.
For more details, see What’s New in 3ds Max and visit the 3ds Max Public Roadmap.