The Create Animation Preview feature’s performance has been significantly improved in the latest 3ds Mas 2020 update and houses new functionalities that will speed up your workflow
Watch as 3ds Max team member David Menard takes you through the details:
- Creation on local drive is now up to 3 times faster
- Allows AVI codec selection
- Capture size greater than viewport dimensions supported
Play when done is accessible from Preview UI
Quality setting is accessible from Preview UI (Nitrous only)
Default preview filename now matches the scene name by default
100% output resolution on by default
Default quality setting changed from 16 to 1
- MXS snippet can be executed per frame for custom strings.
- Filename and MXS snippet values can be specified from MXS command line of Create Preview
- After executing the preview, the time slider is returned to the original starting frame.
Bringing your ideas to life
Autodesk is committed to responding quickly to 3ds Max user feedback. That’s why this release includes many of which were submitted by the 3ds Max user community at 3dsmaxfeedback.autodesk.com.
Consult the 3ds Max 2020 Release Notes for further information.
For more details, see What’s New in 3ds Max and visit the 3ds Max Public Roadmap.