This plugin provides a live link between Maya and Adobe ® After Effects ® allowing you to view a scene in both applications simultaneously, as well as perform changes in Maya and see them update in After Effects in real-time.
This plug-in is available on Adobe Exchange. If you are unable to install this plugin via Adobe Exchange - you can install this plugin manually by downloading this plugin here on AREA and following the instructions below.
Instructions for manual installation:
- Unzip com.autodeskmaya.livelink.zip and copy the com.autodeskmaya.livelink directory to:
- Win: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions
- Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions
- *Note that administrator permissions are required to access these folders.
Compatible elements include:
- Cameras (including Transforms, Focal Length / Aperture, Zoom)
- Spot, Point, and Ambient Lights (including Transforms, Intensity, Color, Cone)
- Groups (converted to Nulls)
- Locators (including Transforms)
- Planes (to adjust size, scale a 1x1 plane. Do not use Width / Height).
- Meshes (converted to Solids)
And the data exported includes:
- Intensity, Cone Angle, and Color (for lights)
To set up a link
- Open both Maya and Adobe® After Effects® .
- In After Effects, go to
- In Maya, go to
- Click Link All to link all compatible scene elements to After Effects, or middle-drag specific elements from the Outliner into the Specific objects field and then click Link Specified.
- After Effects loads the Maya scene into its current composition. Further changes to the Maya scene will automatically update in After Effects unless the link is broken.