The Vampire Bat
I wanted to create a small scale creature that was cute and a bit scary at the same time. A vampire bat seemed like an interesting subject. I also used this project to help further push into xGen and grooming and found it to be pretty fun! The model was created in zBrush, textured in Mari, then brought into Maya to be rendered in redshift. I found redshift was able to deal with the fur much quicker than other render engines. Special thanks to Azadeh Iranban for rigging the bat for posing, and possibly a small animation in the future, also for all of her support throughout the project.