What to Expect
In the first part of this tutorial series, we will begin by generating a Navigation mesh.
Navigation meshes are the backbone of AI Pathfinding. In this tutorial we will discover how to generate a navmesh and other important elements we need to set up our project to use the Navigation tools effectively. Continuing through this 4 part tutorial series will give you the needed foundation to get started using AI Pathfinding in your project or game.
- Open the project.
- Place the play area unit (ground and walls).
- Place the Flags.
- Create a Bot Configuration Unit.
- Create a Navigation World Unit.
- Save Level as content/levels/RTS1
- In the flag unit, Add Required Script Data (GwNavGenExcluded = True)
- Generate a Navigation Mesh
- Review Results