In part 1 of this tutorial we will review how to set up the vertex colors so that Stingray's vegetation shader works properly.
- Open the file large_elm_tree.mlt (MayaLT) or large_elm_tree.fbx (Maya/Max)
- Review the ways leaves are dealt with using vertex colors. These vertex colors will later be used by vertex animations inherent in the vegetation shader.
- Review how to apply vertex colors using Apply Color
- Review how to quickly "swap" shaders to see the results of their vertex colors.
- Apply variation to the green channel in vertex colors to randomize the leaf movement patterns.